Kenya Education Endowment Fund
‘Cycling the Silk Road 2018’ - Brenda Trenholme Slide Show Schedule
7-8:30 pm with 15 min intermission except Vernon & Whistler
May 21 Grand Forks
- Studio A-7330 2nd St. at the rear of the building
May 22 Osoyoos
- Sonora Community Centre Gym 250 537 5812
- 8505 68 Ave
May 23 Penticton
- Penticton Public Library/Museum Auditorium
- 785 Main St.
- Fresh Air Concept (bike shop)
- 555 Groves Ave V1Y 4Y8
- 250 763 3425
May 25 Vernon note 8-9:30 pm!!
- Gallery Vertigo
- Unit 102 3105 28th Ave Vernon
May 26 Kamloops
- St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
- 1136 6th Ave
May 27 Lillooet
- Lillooet and District Rec Centre Mezzanine
- 930 Main St. V0K 1V0
May 28 Pemberton
- Pemberton and District Community Centre
- 7390 Cottonwood St. V0N 2L0
Admission by donation to all events
Questions? Contact Shelagh Armour-Godbolt email@example.com Tel: 604-415-9397
May 29 Squamish/Brackendale
- Brackendale Art Gallery
- 41950 Government Rd. Brackendale
May 30 West Vancouver
- St. Stephens Anglican Church, 885 22nd St.
May 31 day of rest
June 1 Sechelt
- Robert’s Creek Community Centre
- 1309 Robert’s Creek Rd., Sechelt
June 2 Powell River
- The Arc, Jean Pike Centre,
- 7055 Alberni St. Powell River
- Comox United Church,
- 250 Beach Drive, Comox V9M2P9
June4 Qualicum Beach
- St Stevens United Church sanctuary
- 150 Village Way, Q.B., V9K 1L1
- 250 752 9831
June 6 Whistler new presentation
- Public Library 2:30 p.pm
- 4329 Main St.
June 11 Nanaimo
- Beban Park Recreation Centre
- In social centre lounge, 2300 Bowen Rd., Nanaimo
- 2nd Floor, Archie Browning Sports Centre
- 1151 Esquimalt Rd. Victoria
- Elevator, free parking
June 13 Salt Spring island
- Salt Spring Island United Church lower hall
- 111 Hereford Ave. SSI, V8K 250 537 5812
2018 Brenda Rides Again!
Dr. Brenda Trenholme, sister of KEEF Board member Janice, started off May 12, 2018 on a 13,000 km cycling trip from China to Turkey. The Tour d’Afrique team completed this incredible 5 month journey as scheduled on October 3. Brenda's fund raising goal is the same as her 2016 Tour d'Afrique trip - to raise $20,000 toward the education of KEEF students. Watch for announcements of Brenda’s slide presentations in the coming months.
Follow Brenda's blog
2017: GC4C project a big succcess
With GC4C's funding and KEEF management, the kitchen and latrines at Mukango Primary School were significantly upgraded, greatly improving health and sanitation.
2017 Virtual Concert links
This has been a major annual fund raising event. It is our direct appeal to donate to KEEF and to enjoy a “Virtual Concert” -- music of your own choosing, at a time that best suits you.
Here are our archived links for 2017:
- Enrique Conde: Jambo Bwana
- Miriam Makeba: Malaika
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo: The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Soweto Gospel Choir: Hallelujah (by Leonard Cohen)
- Kenyan Boys Choir at Global Citizen Festival 2016, Montreal (standing ovation):
- Suzanna Owiyo & Emmy Kosgie: UN international Day of Peace
- Usher, Kenyan Boys Choir, Ruben Blades: Champions to End World Poverty
- Canadian Music Centre: Sign up for a free account:
Here are our archived links for the 2016 Virtual Concert:
- Shosholoza (with lyrics translation)
- Soweto Gospel Choir performs at Mandela Day 2009 from Radio City Music Hall
- The Kenyan Boy’s Choir – Homeless Powerless
Thank you for your interest and support of KEEF. We have postponed our 2018 virtual concert until 2019 - please stay tuned!
2016: A new KEEF Tust Fund - The Alinda Ware Post Secondary Bursary Fund
Alinda Ware has lived about half of the year in Kakamega, Kenya for the past 18 years, volunteering for several charitable organizations in support of secondary and post secondary Kenyan students. She helped to establish KEEF in 2004 and for many years, KEEF has benefitted from her efforts and expertise.
When visiting friends in Whistler recently, she was offered a donation of $10,000 to support her work in Africa. Alinda's first thought was to direct the donation to KEEF and to set up a trust fund to provide bursaries to bright students who could not attend post secondary without some assistance. The KEEF Board agreed, and we have set up the new fund under the umbrella of the Vancouver Foundation.
The new Alinda Ware Post Secondary Bursary Fund is expected to grow through donations and the earnings will provide bursaries for many years to come. Thank you Alinda, and thank you to this generous donor!